Simulab Corporation is a medical simulation company that specialized in soft tissue task trainers. Its most notable product is a surgical task trainer – the TraumaMan System – which was originally designed for use in the Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) training program and is now used worldwide. It is a flexible training platform for teaching six different procedures, including Cricothyroidotomy and Chest Tube Insertion. Since its release, TraumaMan has also become widely used in military courses, EMS training, and other trauma surgery simulations.
In addition to TraumaMan, Simulab also offers a complete line of task trainers that offer medical training programs realistic, durable and affordable tools for highly effective training. This includes central line trainers like CentraLineMan and VascularAccessChild, partial task trainers like the Lumbar Puncture Trainer the Paracentesis Model, an array of laparoscopic trainers, and various tools to improve suturing and knot tying skills.
Check out our video series on Simulab’s TraumaMan and CentraLineMan:
- Introduction to Simulab – Meet the company’s COO Doug Beghile and hear from top clinical educators about why Simulab is the company to work with.
- LSU Hospital OR Ex-Lap In Situ Using TraumaMan – Watch a surgical team repair a nicked aorta and insert a chest tube during an in situ medical simulation OR scenario!
- One TraumaMan trains 200 healthcare professionals a month – Learn how Simulab products can train cost effectively through efficient skin changes for technical staff at the accredited Northshore University simulation center!
- CentraLineMan Proven to Reduce Infections & Hospital Costs – Learn how the CentraLineMan was successfully used in this Feinberg School of Medicine research project for better residency performance outcomes.
- TraumaMan Product Breakdown – Learn about the features of TraumaMan and the new surgical abdomen addon. Watch real time procedure cuts and see firsthand the realism of Simulab skins.
- CentraLineMan Product Breakdown – Watch the features of the CentraLineMan during “first-cut” experiences to witness the realism of Simulab skins and training procedures.