Recently I shared the Standard Operating Guide developed at the Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas for both the IT and Clinical Simulation Technology Specialists. Today, I am sharing the “SOPs” for the position of Skills Lab Coordinator, who was responsible for:
- Managing supplies for the entire center including
- Coordinating with faculty regarding skills lab setups/tear-downs
- Managing volunteers and student workers
- Skills labs signups
- Setting up and taking down lab setups for
- Two skills labs
- Task trainer maintenance, tracking and storage
- “Other duties as assigned”
These SOPs act as a guide with regards to the responsibilities breakdown of the position and were developed to help new staff better understand the position as well as help demonstrate policies and procedures to clinical faculty. As a former director of a healthcare simulation space, I highly recommend you have all current staff create such an SOP document in-order to easier deal with staff rotation, as well as annual reviews of job performance and HR salary increases.
Then check out the Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists Standard Operating Procedures!