News today from the California Simluation Alliance, a program of HealthImpact, regarding their upcoming October events:
3-Day Simulation Intensive
October 20-22, 2016
California State University, San Marcos
Description: This three-day immersion course offers a jump-start into simulation-based health care education. Participants will learn to apply best practices in high-fidelity simulation through a variety of didactic, interactive and immersive formats. Using a dual focus on academic and practice settings, key theoretical concepts and strategies will be explored to support health care educators in providing safe, effective learning environments. The basics of the CSA Level 1 curriculum will be flexed to meet the needs of the group, followed by intensive immersion into Level 3 scenario development and debriefing strategies. 19.5 CEUs
- Describe current educational theory supporting simulation as an effective learning strategy for health care teams.
- Identify the key elements of an effective simulation scenario.
- Develop a clinical simulation that incorporates key learning objectives and QSEN competencies.
- Facilitate a clinical simulation including set up, turnover and debriefing.
- Describe the value and benefit of the California Simulation Alliance and other national and international simulation resources.
CSA Members $1250.00
Non CSA Members $1500.00
2nd Annual USF/CSA Simulation Conference
Pre-Conference for the 2nd Annual USF/CSA Simulation Conference University of San Francisco Co-sponsored by the Center for Medical Simulation (CMS) and the CSA Featuring Dr. Jenny Rudolph and Dr, Mary Fey CSA Members. Pre-cons include CHSE and CHSOS readiness review classes sponsored by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare and a debriefing workshop supported by the team from The Center for Medical Simulation at Harvard.
October 13-15, 2016
University of San Francisco
2130 Fulton Street McLaren Hall
San Francisco, California 94117
$500 Non CSA Members
$550 CSA Subscribers