Happy Friday Sim champs! Today we share a note from Michael Anderson, Medical Simulation Specialist at Robeson Community College, who wrote in this little fix for the Laerdal SimMan (or other older Vital Sim products):
Want a simple fix for the Laerdal Manikin/Simulator Ankle to create stability and longevity? The ankle has a thin area that can sometimes break and so this is a great and inexpensive fix. We used the tubing off of a well-used central line trainer to create the sleeve/grommet.
- First off unscrew the bolt that holds the ankle to the leg, and set to the side.
- Next cut the tubing to the length that will fit inside of the ankle and the bolt.
- Lube the tubing and ankle whole and insert the tubing through the whole.
- Replace the foot to the leg and inset the bolt through the leg, ankle, tubing and tighten.
- You now have a nice and snug ankle that will articulate nicely!
Other helpful simulation posts from Michael:
- Medical Simulation Improves Job Readiness Skills
- Is it a K or a Q
- Medical Simulation Enhances Onboarding and Training Procedures Provided By Employers
Read Michael’s other awesome simulation posts on LinkedIn!