“1. INSPIRATIONAL RENOWNED KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Professor John Schaefer MD, Director Healthcare Simulation of South Carolina, USA and Professor Anaesthesia and Perioperative Medicine. John will explain how you measure and create value for “selling” simulation to key decision makers.
- Catherine Stoddart, Chief Nurse Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust and former Chief Nurse and Midwifery Officer, State of Western Australia . Catherine will explore the value of simulated practice across a range of different settings.
- Professor Charles Vincent, Professor of Psychology, University of Oxford and Professional Fellow Health Foundation. Charles will explore what we can learn from other industries about the psychology of a safety culture.
- Dr Stephen Shorrock, European Safety Culture Programme Leader at Eurocontrol European Air Traffic Control. Stephen will explore the notion of cultures of safety, outline some traps in safety culture work, and reflect on practical experience gained from over 30 European countries in air safety.
2. AN INCREDIBLE CONFERENCE PROGRAMME
The main programme commences at 1pm on Tuesday 3rd November. Plenary lectures, expert panels, and roundtable discussions will stimulate and inspire to consider how you can improve your own areas of practice. In addition there will be an expanded TECH ROOM with a packed programme across the 3 days. We also have over 20 interactive workshops on a wide range of subjects including:
- Top 10 Tips for running a centre
- How to get work published
- The Elaine Bromiley Story – Launch of NEW UPDATED VIDEO STORY
- Debriefing – how to manage conflict
- How to develop simulation apps
- What can simulated patients do for you?
3. FUN SOCIAL and NETWORKING PROGRAMME
From the FREE opening reception in the Exhibiton Hall on Tuesday 3rd September to the Brighton Beach Party and Networking Buffet on the Wednesday evening, we build on our reputation for combining exceptional academic content with a fun, inclusive and welcoming atmosphere. The Tuesday Gala Dinner is a formal event at the magnificent Grand Hotel. For a more informal evening, join us on Wednesday 5th November for a buffet supper and beach party with a magician, surfing simulator and special dance competitions.
4. AN EVEN LARGER AND MORE DIVERSE EXHIBITION
With all our industry partners who have supported ASPiH for 6 years to new and innovative companies, a tour of our largest ever exhibition is the ideal way to explore and discuss the latest simulation and technology enhanced learning products and services.
5. SIM HEROES COMPETITION 2015
Following the success of the inaugural competition last year, we invite team entries for the new competition this year focusing on demonstrating alignment with stated learning objectives and excellent debriefing and facilitation skills.
We hope that this is enough to encourage you to register but we haven’t been able to tell you everything! Click HERE to visit the website for more information about us and the conference. You can view the final programme HERE.”