From our IMSH 2015 Video Series, I connect with Chafic Kazoun, Co-Founder and CTO of B-Line Medical, who shared about their upcoming release of SimCapture X. Note: the video interview above is a early version of the new software and is not yet widely available. In this exclusive interview, HealthySimulation.com gets a sneak peek of their future SimCapture X platform — check out the video to see for yourself.
Why the X? That’s easy enough, B-Line Medical celebrates their 10th anniversary this year! With so many years of medical simulation a/v recording and debriefing experience behind them, the B-Line Medical development team redesigned the SimCapture Generated User Interface (GUI) to reflect on what customers are using most. In other words, they have analyzed the use data from the past 10 years and are recreating SimCapture with an even better understanding of what we as simulation champions really want.
What I saw was a really optimized version of SimCapture, with key functionality now immediately available from the home-screen. Recent debriefings, key metrics, and relevant schedule information are all right there. Navigation is simplified with new global buttons available at any time. Exporting scenarios, including data and video, and sharing them with other SimCapture customers is also very easy to do.
Explained by B-Line Medical: “SimCapture X is the next generation SimCapture platform currently in development. The new platform will combine all of the best pieces of the industry’s most trusted video capture solution with ahead of the curve technology and the insight and feedback gleaned from our 10 years of industry experience. Notable improvements include seamless integration of Simulation and Standardized Patient programs, a fully tablet compatible interface, and a redesigned look that streamlines and simplifies center workflows.”
A very interesting note from Chafic was that SimCapture X will still offer on premises installs, but will also have the potential for cloud-based operation. Chafic predicts that eventually most simulation programs will prefer a reduction of localized hardware requirements in favor of cloud-based platforms. Can’t wait for that future to be here!
- Browser-based and network accessible
- Record and stream video and medical device data
- Live and post scenario review from anywhere
- Automated video capture and management
- HD video and audio linked to participants
- Pre-defined and free text annotations
- Manage and administer instructional content
- Web-based and collaborative evaluation builder
- Automated user portfolio assembly and tracking
- Create, filter, re-calculate and release reports
- Scheduling, self-enrollment and notifications
- Streamline the setup and management of OSCEs
- Automate large-scale simulation events from a single dashboard
- Center asset management and conflict notifications
- Outlook and Google Calendar integration
- Advanced search and data mining capabilities
Information about SimCapture X is limited for now, but stay tuned to BlineMedical.com for more upcoming announcements!