Engenium is currently seeking applicants for this new healthcare simulation sales position, which is shared on our medical simulation jobs page!
National Sales Manager
Reporting to the General Manager of this niche medical simulation company the National Sales Manager is responsible for delivering the sales budget by developing a robust sales strategy, by leading a small team and by managing several accounts directly. The role holder will be part of the management team, and will be expected to contribute to the future strategic direction of the company.
- Develop a sales strategy that meets the company’s sales goals and profitability targets.
- Introduce tried and accepted sales management techniques, including sales pipeline management, in order to manage the sales process and provide good visibility of future order levels.
- Manage both the external and internal sales representatives, supporting them to generate increasing levels of business.
- Manage directly certain key accounts across the North America.
- Increase market share in existing markets and maximize new business development opportunities.
- Keep up to date with market conditions and competition.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key contacts/institutions and corporate partners.
- Represents the company at key customer events and builds customer loyalty.
- Attend conferences, trade fairs and exhibitions as required.
- Works with General Manager and Commercial Director to develop US/CAN sales strategy
- Implement and disseminate North American Sales Structure to team members
- Responsible for the performance and development of direct reports.
- Setting sales targets for individuals and the team as a whole.
- Monitoring performance and motivating team to reach targets.
- Focusing Sales Consultants on monitoring changes in the market and customer base.
- Creating an environment that inspires Sales Representatives to take personal ownership for achieving sales goals and performance improvement
- Providing continuous feedback on Sales Representatives’ performance
- Providing direction to the sales team, leading by example as well as coaching.
- Recruiting and developing sales team
Key Technical Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven ability to sell to all levels within healthcare and/or healthcare education.
- Ability to manage sales of a vast product range
- Highly organized with planning and preparation.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience selling devices or consumables within the healthcare sector for a recognized ‘blue chip’ company, having benefited from their sales training program.
- A minimum of 2 years as a sales manager, preferably in a major corporate, having benefited from solid in-house sales management training.
- Informed approach to sales and sales management, including consultative selling, key account management and pipeline management.
- People management experience, within a sales environment.
- A high level of numeracy, literacy and e-literacy: able to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Strong IT skills and experience with a CRM system
- History with sales forecasting
- Experienced reporting skills
- US or Canadian citizen.
- Willing to travel extensively.
- A clean driving license.