A new job was just featured in our medical simulation jobs page!
Title – Faculty – Lab Skills and Simulation – College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
Location – Phoenix, AZ
Institution – Grand Canyon University
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University: Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions at our campus in Phoenix, AZ. The College, boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full time ground/campus faculty, Lab and Simulation. This position develops and provides instruction that incorporates current teaching methodologies, technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the discipline associated with evidence-based instruction in nursing lab activities from foundations of skill development through simulation techniques. Target start is immediate.
- Provides expert instruction in nursing skills development to ensure alignment with course objectives, standardization of instruction across the program, and compliance with regulatory, accrediting, and industry standards of best practice.
- Provides expert instruction in simulation activities including facilitation, contributing to workflow processes, planning and leveling learning, review and revision of course materials to ensure alignment with course objectives, standardization of instruction across the program, and compliance with regulatory, accrediting, and industry standards of best practice.
- Responsible for faculty development and evaluation of facilitator competency in lab skills and simulation activities.
- Contributes to course development to ensure the essentials of course objectives, remediation, and student success are aligned with expectations and outcomes.
- Collaborates with lab staff to ensure that adequate needs, gaps, staffing, and logistics are identified and addressed to ensure optimum student experiences.
- Collaborates with lab staff to ensure all supplies, equipment, media, computers and materials required to replicate simulated health care experiences are available and all equipment and simulation technology are at optimum operating levels.
- Communicates and enforces with students, staff, and faculty the policies, procedures, and processes to ensure activities align with course objectives, standardization of instruction across the program, and compliance with regulatory, accrediting, and industry standards of best practice.
- Meets with leadership to develop strategic, operational, and proposed objectives for quality improvement and integration of lab activities.
- Actively engages in professional activity to ensure current best practices are reviewed and considered for the introduction, revision, and validation of current lab practices.
- Performs related duties as assigned and needed.
- Responsible for proper training, delegation, and supervision of instruction provided by facilitators in lab skills and simulation activities.
- Travels to all GCU lab sites as often as required, weekly and/or daily.
- Master’s degree (MSN) required.
- Certification as Healthcare Simulation Educator, preferred.
- 3 – 5 years relevant teaching experience or work experience in simulation techniques and nursing skills instruction, preferred.
- Background/expertise in instructional and pedagogical concepts and methods in health care skills and simulation instruction.
- Unencumbered Arizona RN license.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Knowledge of Laerdal and Gummard Human Patient Simulator software and Microsoft Office.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can’t find a position that’s right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.