From Simulation Champion Todd Dadaleares CHSOS comes this featured job listing for Simulation Specialist at Hannaford Center for Safety, Innovation and Simulation:
This is a great opportunity to join MMC’s Hannaford Center for Safety, Innovation and Simulation: a state–of-the-art simulation center that includes:
- Three high fidelity spaces
- A fleet of more than 15 high fidelity mannequins
- A robust standardized patient program
- Surgical and general skills areas
- A satellite team training facility
This position will support nursing, inter-professional, graduate and undergraduate medical education in a variety of simulated environments. Consisting of three simulation specialists, two education specialists, and a coordinator, the simulation team works within the Department of Medical Education supporting the academic mission of the organization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy and physiology; high degree of comfort with computer technology; high level interpersonal skills to work with clinicians and medical staff at all levels of medical care.
- Minimum 5 years in direct patient care, preferred experience with sophisticated physiologic monitoring devices or 5 years of simulation experience
- Associates degree or related education
Responsible for accurately replicating realistic, highly complex clinical scenarios using sophisticated, high-and-low fidelity simulation equipment and software. Assist in all simulation-based education. Assist simulation faculty from all clinical areas, internal and external to MMC, in running a simulation that meets curriculum goals and produces measurable outcomes. He/she will be responsible for maintenance and repairs of complex high-and-low fidelity simulation equipment. Able to identify and troubleshoot problems with equipment.
Contact: Ned Asherman 207-662-2649