Another awesome Simulation Technology Specialist job opportunity, this time with Marian University in Indianapolis, Indiana!
Office of Teaching Excellence and Assessment of Learning (TEAL)
Marian University seeks a Simulation Technology Specialist in Office of Teaching Excellence and Assessment of Learning to work with our College of Medicine and School of Nursing. This person assists in coordinating the technical components of the medical simulation program including pre/during/post simulation activities, collaborating with faculty on scenario development, and supporting the daily technical operations of the Simulation Center. The Simulation Technology Specialist reports to the Director of Simulation and provides technical support and maintenance of the human patient simulators, related equipment and equipment systems housed at the Simulation Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain simulation equipment, task trainers, computerized simulators, and virtual reality procedural trainers with the ability to follow medical aspects of scenarios, and make appropriate adjustments to technology systems.
- Operate and maintain simulation-related audio-video recording systems.
- Facilitate simulation training and provide feedback to the Simulation Director, Course Director and/or Medical faculty.
- Create troubleshooting documents, simulator checklists, and preventative maintenance plans for simulation equipment.
- Provide orientation of simulation center and equipment to novice faculty and learners.
- Perform as the technical trainer and resources liaison in the field of simulation operations.
- Possess a high degree of comfort with computer technology; high level interpersonal skills to work with clinicians and medical staff at all levels of medical care. Provide tours of the simulation lab, providing technological demonstrate of the equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Technical Skills: The ideal candidate will possess many or all of the following:
- LLEAP (non-legacy version)
- Advanced Personal Computer Operations
- IP Networking
- Video Technologies
- Canvas leaning Management System or other LMS experience
- Lecture Capture Technologies
- Adobe Captivate
- Turning Point
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Instructional Technology, healthcare, or related field.
- Personal accountability in addition to being innovative and creative.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regards to job assignments and sensitive information.
- Experience working with clinical software applications recommended.
- Experience translating clinical needs into successful processes and supporting system designs.
- Demonstrated analytic decision-making, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The demonstrated ability to be organized, detail oriented and highly accurate.
- Experience with IP A/V systems and video conferencing.
- Good mechanical aptitude and technical knowledge of computerized equipment.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task, work independently and build collaborative relationships in an interdisciplinary team.
- Must be able to work an “irregular” schedule to fit the needs of internal clients.
Located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation’s preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks in the Top 25 of US News & World Report’s list of Midwest Region colleges. Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university’s culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 15 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state’s first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University’s football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015 in 9 years of existence. In 2016, the women’s basketball team won its first NAIA national championship. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 33 national titles.
Review of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For consideration, please submit a current resume, a cover letter, and names and addresses of three current references. All materials should be submitted, together, electronically thru email@example.com. No phone calls please. Marian University is an EOE