Did you know that half of the suggested 440,000 deaths attributed to medical error are communication related? By providing healthcare students and professionals with more ways to study case based simulations, online, in their own time, together — is certainly a must have for every healthcare organization. What attracts me to this learning system is that multiple learning participants can participate on a case scenario which follows a patient over time, letting educators see communication between IPE over a longer period of time, even ongoing!
Enter SIMULATIONiQ IPE. Education Management Solutions, providers of SimulationIQ, now provide this case-based virtual patient IPE solution replicates different disciplines working together on a common case using an innovative technology platform. The IPE solution can be used to augment existing IPE programs and allow your faculty to operate at maximum efficiency, so that instructors can focus on what they do best: educate.
Breakdown in Communication
SIMULATIONiQ IPE provides full visibility of case, actions, treatment plan across all professions to facilitate cross-discipline communication.
- Role-based practice simulation
- Integrated chat and discussion forum functions
To avoid misdiagnosis, SIMULATIONiQ IPE offers visibility to diagnosis and care plan across disciplines to facilitate shared decision making. This integrated team approach is facilitated by:
- An interactive team-based question solution
- Robust communication options including – voice conferencing, screen sharing, chat and discussion forums
- Simulation scenario sessions to augment online or traditional courses
Coordination of Care
To improve coordination of care it provides immediate feedback to actions and orders that inform and allow for better coordination of the patient care team.
- Real-time lab and discussion results
- Total visibility to all facets of patient care
- Assessment of best practice care knowledge through team and role-based questions
- Reflective debrief to develop critical thinking skills