A few updates from our friends at ASPiH!
The 2016 ASPiH UK November Bristol Conference Agenda Brochure has been posted, with keynote announcement by Dr. John Vozenilek MD, FACEP. Chief Medical Officer Jump Simulation and Education Centre University of Illinois. This is a multidisciplinary conference focusing on the latest research, technologies and applications of simulated practice 15th-17th November 2016 at the Mercure Grand Hotel in Bristol.
ASPiH and the Chartered Institute for Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF) are pleased to announce a series of co-designed one day workshops to help illustrate and enhance the integration of Human Factors and Ergonomics (HFE) methodologies within health care education and delivery.
Thursday 29th September 2016 – Glasgow Crowne Plaza
Tuesday 15th November 2016 – Bristol Mercure Grande
Each event will feature presentation of different case studies to enable participants to consider the techniques used in more depth and gain an appreciation of the application of HFE across a range of health care contexts and purposes. We are in discussion with CIEHF regarding options for publishing a report or summary paper that will feature selected case studies for wider circulation to policy makers, regulators, commissioners, and professional bodies in healthcare.
Finally, membership to the ASPiH website has been upgraded with the following opportunities:
- Discounted registration fee at the annual ASPiH Conference
- Discount with selected affiliate organisations
- Subsidised fees at selected UK regional events
- Reduced rates for ASPiH delivered or supported training courses
- Reduced subscription rate for the BMJ Simulation and Technology Enhanced Learning Journal
- Opportunity to be involved with ASPiH Special Interest Groups (SIGS) relevant to expertise/speciality
- Eligible for being invited to Chair positions in SIGS and for membership of the Executive committee
- Opportunity to promote job vacancies free of charge on the ASPiH website
- Communications Receive direct email notices and quarterly e-Newsletter from ASPiH
- Receive the ASPiH Annual Report summarising the Associations’ member-driven activities and key initiatives
- Connect with other members and experts via our community