Recently we learned about the Ross II surgical simulator which provides the skills necessary to operate the da Vinci surgical robot.
What is RoSS?
- RoSS is a portable, stand-alone Robotic Surgery Simulator that teaches novice surgeons the motor and cognitive skills required for operating the da Vinci surgical robot.
- The RoSS uses virtual reality to introduce the user to the fundamentals of robot-assisted surgery. It boasts a multi-level curriculum, designed with various levels of difficulty, that takes the user through and teaches the required skills for effectively advancing robotic surgery abilities.
- RoSS is the only robotic surgery simulator featuring full-length surgical procedures in 3D, otherwise known as HoST.
- RoSS is portable, so novice surgeons are able to practice and train without using valuable OR space and time.
New in RoSS II
The portable, stand-alone RoSS II console is a sleek redesign of the original RoSS that boasts improved graphics, enhanced visualization, smaller size, and decreased weight.
- NEW Improved Graphics
- NEW Improved Physics in Skills Modules
- NEW Superior Arm Motion and Interaction
- NEW Robotic Skills Assessment (RSA) Score
Features & Benefits
- Portable, stand-alone console can be setup anywhere.
- Integrated management system stores metrics for all users and tasks performed.
- HoST (Hands-on Surgical Training) modules use actual surgical cases for unparalleled realism.
- Adjustability and usability customizable to each user.
- Proven track record of mechanical and electrical reliability.
- Ergonomically adjustable to each user.