This has been a week for upcoming simulation courses and workshop announcements. It makes us happy to think that five years ago there was only a handful of courses every year around the world to train clinical educators in the process of medical simulation, now there is a course a week! This latest training program is an ONLINE course that you can take from anywhere on getting into Simulation Research.
Simulation Research: Best Practices for Planning a Research Study is facilitated and led by leading simulation and health care education researchers across Ontario. Facilitators will coach course participants through the process of building a research study based on their research question or interest. They will provide guidance on practical issues such as method planning, grant applications, knowledge mobilization planning, and team building.
This eight-week course includes video-recorded lectures, interactive live webinars with expert researchers, and review & questions periods. It complements the Simulation Research: Primer introductory course.
Who will benefit?
Have a defined research question or hypothesis, but not sure how to begin planning your study? Or, completed theSimulation Research: Primer course and looking for more information? Then this course is for you.
What will I learn?
- Tips & tools for building research questions into concrete research study plans
- Guidance on developing a research study, including creating a study design (qualitative & quantitative methods planning)
- Choosing and validating the right measurement tools
- Knowledge mobilization planning
- Guidance on applying for simulation research grant proposal(s)
- How to build a strong research team
Learning outcomes & benefits
Participants will become familiar with the core concepts for planning a research study, including:
- Steps to investigate a simulation research question
- Creating and critiquing a research study method/protocol
- Documenting a research study protocol and knowledge mobilization plan
- Identifying human and physical resources necessary to complete a research study
- Drafting a grant application
Learn more about this and other SIM-one courses at their website today!