The University of Birmingham UK recently shared on our @HealthySim twitter account about their upcoming healthcare simulation courses: “Suitable for all health care professionals with an interest or involvement in delivering training and education, the main aims of this programme are to provide you with:
- an understanding of the principles of adult learning and how they can be applied to multidisciplinary health care simulation training
- an understanding of the evolution, variety and importance of human factors in healthcare practice
- the knowledge and skills required to design, develop and facilitate simulation training
- the debriefing skills required to aide learners subsequent reflection and development”
Adult learning theory and its application to multidisciplinary healthcare simulation learning and teaching
This 20 credit module is the introductory module for the Post Graduate Certificate in Multidisciplinary Healthcare Simulation. The aims of this module are:
- To provide students with a sound knowledge of the principles of adult learning applicable to healthcare simulation.
- To enable students to effectively use healthcare simulation technology and subsequently develop their own projects for teaching and learning
Development and debriefing of multidisciplinary healthcare simulation scenarios
This 20 credit module forms one part of the Post Graduate Certificate in Multidisciplinary Healthcare Simulation. The aims of this module are to provide you with:
- An understanding of the process for creating an effect scenario that can be used in simulation training.
- Knowledge of the available technologies and how to ‘drive’ the technology.
Additionally you will explore all roles within the simulation faculty and how they contribute to the fidelity of multidisciplinary health care simulation as well as the principles of debriefing a simulation scenario.
Non-technical skills for multidisciplinary healthcare simulation
This 20 credit module forms one part of the Post Graduate Certificate programme in Multidisciplinary Healthcare Simulation. This module will provide you with an understanding of non-technical skills vital to enable the exploration of these crucial concepts in multidisciplinary healthcare simulation teaching and learning.