Took the summer off? Went to Disneyland? Go on holiday? No matter, HealthySimulation.com has you covered with the most-read articles from this past summer. We tallyed the clicks from our newsletter and reviewed the analytics from the 37,000+ visits to this free healthcare simulation resource website to see what were the “hottest” summer articles. Don’t miss out on future updates by signing up for our free simulation newsletter then catch up with the articles below!
- Medical Simulation Job Listings – Looking for a new gig or need to post your open simulation staff position? This is the most comprehensive list on the internet!
- 3D Printed Anatomy To Revolutionize Medical Training – Check out this amazing story coming out of Australia where 3D Printers are being used to create anatomical models for medical education!
- Simulated Patient “Allergic to Ink” Warning Sign – Download to Save Your Manikins! – Will Enfinger, Simulation Specialist at Des Moines University, has created a nifty “Allergy Warning Sign” which simulation champions can use to help prevent ink stains.
- The National Council of State Boards of Nursing Releases Results of National Simulation Study – A Longitudinal, Randomized, Controlled Study Replacing Clinical Hours with Simulation in Prelicensure Nursing Education,” which concluded that substituting high quality simulation experiences for up to half of traditional clinical hours produce comparable end of program educational outcomes.
- Bridging The Gap Between Clinical and Non-Clinical Simulation Technicians – If you are a non-clinical Sim Tech you may be asking what you can do to learn more about the pathophysiology of the human body. Here are many apps for the ipad/iphone for assisting with this process.
- Free ECG Simulator Game – SimGHOSTS President James Cypert forwarded along a great 6-second ECG Simulator game where healthcare learners can practice identifying one of 27 most common rhythms.
- More Free Nursing Simulation Scenarios – The Kansas State Board of Nursing has a free library of simulation scenarios designed by nursing faculty for nursing and allied health programs.
- “And, Scene!” – Some More Great Places to get Simulation Scenarios – Programming is worth every difficult minute as the over efficiency of your Simulation Program increases ten fold with each successfully programmed and permanent scenario, but here’s a list of places to get started with your scenario library.
- Clinical Skills Lab Coordinator Standard Operating Procedures Example – Recently I shared the Standard Operating Guide developed at the Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas for both the IT and Clinical Simulation Technology Specialists. In this article I share the “SOPs” for the position of Skills Lab Coordinator.
- CAE Healthcare Updates – CAE Healthcare’s News Feed has been a popular destination for medical simulation champions this summer!
Lastly, if you are looking for more great clinical simulation articles check out HealthySim’s: