Education Management Solutions Western Region Sales Manager Julius Walker recently provided me with a quick overview of ORION, and shared more about “EMS-Works”. Education Management Solutions (EMS) develops software that medical, nursing, and allied health schools, hospitals, and counseling programs use to efficiently run their clinical simulation training facilities. Since its founding in 1994, EMS has established a reputation for delivering dependable solutions and suggest they provide an unprecedented level of customer service and support. An award winning company, recognized by Inc. magazine’s Inc. 5000, Philadelphia 100 and Deloitte’s Fast 50/500, EMS continues to be one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S., a distinction it has enjoyed for the past six years. Learn about their great free medical simulation webinars at the bottom of this article!
Watch my comprehensive video interview below to learn more about EMS and Orion:
I felt that Orion provided a lot of great camera control options and a strong platform for integrated simulation learning management events (like exams) through the system itself, and that the system can handle up to 79 room! From the EMS Website: “Orion is designed to meet the most demanding needs of standardized patient and high fidelity simulator training environments, making it the most intuitive, feature-rich, and powerful simulation software management technology in the industry for clinical simulation recording, simulation center management, and performance evaluation. Orion delivers simulation software management solutions for small and multiple-room fixed spaces, and portable and mobile training environments, giving you flexibility to select from a variety of options that fit your needs not just today, but for the future as you grow and expand.”
Orion AV Enables:
- Internet Protocol (IP) and High Definition (HD) digital audio and video capture
- Immediate playback of video for review, feedback, and debriefing of participants
- Live or recorded video viewing from one or more rooms
- Live streaming access to one or more users
- Integration with multiple simulators and within a single scenario
- Capturing and viewing of synchronized recordings integrated with the simulator’s vital signs monitor, simulated events, and bookmarks.
- Annotations and video bookmarks on live or recorded video
- Automation of paging announcements for sessions
- Video and checklist view on a single screen.
- Convenient, single-screen management of entire simulation center
- Automated backup process for all video recordings.
EMS-Works provides fantastic medical simulation webinars, which cover a range of really great topics and speakers. Of course, to learn more about Orion and EMS-Works, visit their website at: http://www.ems-works.com/