UK’s Simulation Monitor is launching a new iPhone/iPad software to replicate patient monitors.
The website suggests the app is a great learning tool for undergrad exams, OSCE post-grad exams, and ALS/ATLS/APLS courses which costs far less than an expensive high-fidelity manikin monitor.
Quick Notes about this Medical Simulation Software:
- Simulation Training on the iPhone
- No need for high fidelity, expensive simulation mannequin
- Scenario based training on the ward, in the staff room or in the pub!
- Teacher and student can share single iPhone/Pod/Pad
- If second iDevice is available then link via bluetooth…Student’s iPhone will act as a monitor
- 30+ ECGs to choose from
- change rhythms instantly or via defibrillation/CPR
- Provide lab results as case evolves
- Includes capnography waveforms (…obstrucive airway disease, sudden loss of cardiac output, malignant hyperpyrexia…)
You can learn more at: http://www.simulationmonitor.co.uk/