Hey Sim Champs,
Here is a recap of all the best articles from this summer for those of you who were out of the office:
- HealthySimAdmin.com launched, which is a broadcasted event to find administrative solutions for the “how-to” of medical simulation, that takes place Oct. 18th & 19th at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. Join the studio audience or ask questions while streaming live from your office desktop!
- The Top 5 Questions I Am Asked about Managing a Medical Simulation Lab – Answers to the questions most of us are asking about administrating a simulation lab.
- The Top 5 Question I Should Be Asked about Managing a Medical Simulation Lab. Both of these articles have some really great tips for running your simulation program so be sure to check them out!
- World’s Largest Sim Tech Specific Gathering is a hit! – The Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists was a big hit, with over 155 Sim Techs joining together to train for three days at the Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas!
- More free nursing simulation scenarios from the Kansas State Board of Nursing. This expands upon my previous article highlighting some other resources for free medical simulation scenarios.
- University of Utah to Host FREE Medical Simulation Performance Analysis Workshop – Studiocode is sponsoring this free workshop on video analysis on September 14th.
- TOM Man – Tactical Operations Medical Manikin Review (with video): I spent a day with TOM Man out in the 106 degree heat of the Las Vegas desert to learn about this affordable yet powerfully rugged military / trauma-based manikin. If you are running trauma scenarios in austere environments this is a must-watch exclusive video!
- WISER Video Explains Benefits to Scheduling Simulation – Watch this video if you have trouble scheduling your simulation equipment or rooms!
- Suzan Kardong-Edgren from INACSL.Org’s list-serv recently shared about the Educational Technology Journal, a free resource which sometimes covers simulation technology.
- Free bruise moulage recipe from care of Bobbie Merica, Moulageconcepts.com & EMS-World! Also be sure to check out my review of Bobbie’s amazing recipe book “Medical Moulage”.
- Sim Tech Extends Demo Dose Box Life – Learn how to build a lamented Demo Dose box from Pocket Nurse to increase sim lab efficiency and save on budgets!
- NYIT launched the Medical Simulation Masters program – The first masters program we are aware of for medical simulation by the New York Institute of Technology.
- University of Glamorgan Shares Online ECG Simulator – Check out this free educational online training EKG simulator.
- The Profession of Nursing helps Sim Techs learn more about the history and modern educational process of nursing.
- myMETI is an excellent source of medical simulation based resources. Check out this new dedicated space developed to help share simulation resources. Even if you are not a CAE Healthcare (METI) customer, you should still explore myMETI for these great simulation tools!
- Top Ten Reasons to Join HealthySimAdmin Online from your office desktop, which is now sponsored by Pocket Nurse!
- Harvard’s Center for Medical Simulation created a great introductory video for healthcare simulation. – Got a friend who is new to simulation equipment? Watch this great intro video to learn more.
Lastly, I have done an extensive review of voice-changing options for your medical simulation labs. Read this article to learn about my software and hardware recommendations to help dramatically increase realism in your scenarios through voice-modification!