This has been an amazing week for healthcare simulation with a huge number of new products proudly displayed at the 2017 International Meeting for Simulation in Healthcare. Over the next few months we will start posting in-depth video interviews with vendors from across the floor — but for now we wanted to share the most awesome new product highlights that blew us away!
- CAE Healthcare Sets new bar for high-fidelity simulator eyes: Sym Eyes are LCD screen eyes that react to movement in front of them AND light. Each pupil can be set to act independently as well, to demonstrate head injuries. They will be standard in new Maternal Birthing simulators and are estimated to last 5 years.
- Laerdal Begins Campaign to Save Every Life with donations to NPSF: Laerdal’s Every Life campaign acknowledges lives lost or harmed due to preventable medical error and strives to connect all of us to the common goal of improving patient safety. Please join them in raising awareness about this important cause!
- EMS SimulationIQ Launches “Phone Video Capture” Capability: Imagine a world where you could simply your simulation program could use your smart phones to capture video content for your events? That world is coming thanks to SimulationIQ’s Training In Motion systems — details coming soon.
- Gaumard Unveils Super Tory — Simulation’s first “moving” Manikin: Weighing only 8lbs and completely wireless, Gaumard set the new bar for infant simulation with Super Tory S2200 explaining that “every visual assessment provides a wealth of health information. That’s why Super Tory features lifelike limb and facial movements and programmable skin coloration that can simulate the range of visual cues seen in ill and healthy newborns.”
- iSimulate Improves Reality of Mobile Simulation Systems and Creates Realti: iSimulate, a company always on the edge of cutting edge innovations in medical simulation has updated their iPad based vital sign systems with realistic looking monitor designs, starting with ZOLL. They have also enabled programs to use iPads for real-time video capture and debriefing via Apple products. Their partner MDT also unveiled a new infant fidelity manikin prototype that was extremely realistic and had puppet like mouth controls.
- SIMCharacters launches Paul, The World’s First High Emotion Simulator: (Note: The author of this article is currently consulting for SIMChracters). Paul was overwhelmingly praised as an extremely realistic preterm infant simulator aged at 27 weeks with a 3D printed airway based off real MRI scans of premature babies. Their facebook video went viral during the event crossing 4,000,000 views!
- Medical-X Shows Us What Full Range of Manikin Motion Really Means: Medical-X, creators of the Nena showed the IMSH trade show floor what “real motion” meant with the latest of Adam-X, a full bodied adult manikin built on an actual bone metal skeleton, allowing for dynamic range of patient motion that is unmatched in the industry.
- Simulab Launches PacerMan for Immersive Transvenous Pacing Training: A very large crowd gathered around the Simulab booth for a demonstration of the PacerMan system from Simulab, who know produce the only trainer for the effective training of Immersive Transvenous Pacing. The system comes with a computer interface system for educators to make specific training outcomes and real-time learner performance.
This is by far not a comprehensive list of the trade show floor but a quick recap of the amazing video interviews coming soon to HealthySimulation.com for those of you unable to attend or see it all!